The Collaborative Experiment, Take Two
1000 participants from 30 countries, 120 sessions with 140 contributors – that was OuiShare Fest 2014: the Age of Communities. Here’s an overview of what happened at the Cabaret Sauvage, and a big thank you to everyone who made it happen!
The Collaborative Economy has matured, but it’s still in its puberty – this was one of the shared sentiments felt at year’s OuiShare Fest. In the light of many sharing platforms making the headlines recently over regulatory issues, this second edition of our Collaborative Economy Festival was filled with debate and controversy. From thought leaders to entrepreneurs, researchers, activists, traditional organizations moving into this space, and even the French minister of digital affairs, everyone was in the room contributing to fruitful conversations.
What is the result of all these brains working together for 3 days? Don’t miss our videos, articles, visual documentation and much more (see below) to see what emerged, and let this inspire you for future projects and collaborations!
We would also like to congratulate the OuiShare Awards winners Common Libraries, Guerilla Translation, Sofa Concerts, Copass and Sympa IDF, who will be joining us in Paris this September for an acceleration week with coworking, p2p trainings and events with the local community. A special thanks also goes out to all the award nominees and those who voted on and offline for being part of this second edition of the Awards!
Re-experience what happened
Even though it is almost impossible to transmit the atmosphere of an event after it has happened, there are several ways you can access the content produced during these three days of conference, co-creating and connecting. Here is how you can get some in-depth insight into the discussions and debates that happened:
- Watch our selection of sessions on our OuiShare TV playlists, featuring keynotes and panel discussions. Not all sessions will be available on video, but many more will follow!
- Take a look at this E-book of live sketches made during sessions in the circus made by Kata and Mathé, and these Slideshare drawings by Hélène Pouille
- See what the press had to say: the Guardian, Al Jazeera, Shareable, Le Monde, We Demain, El Mundo, El Pais and Il Fatto Società.
- Read our blog posts with key takeaways from each day (Day 1 — Day 2 — Day 3), countless short interviews with attendees as well as documentations of individual sessions on Storify (thanks Stina, Bernie, Flora and Narmada!)
- Enjoy the beautiful photos taken by our photographer Stefano Borghi, and don’t miss the fun pictures that came out of our photo booth (big thanks to Jenni and Lucie for organizing this!)
- See all aggregated photos, videos, tweets and more created by over 2 100 contributors on our live site
- Listen to 30 second statements from speakers and attendees made with Bobler
What’s next for OuiShare?
For all of you energized by OuiShare Fest and keen to get more involved in our community, we invite you to join us at our 5th OuiShare Summit, from June 6-8 in Berlin! The city is definitely worth a visit this time of year, and there will be plenty to do with a full Sharing Berlin Week taking place right before the summit full of events the local community has organized such as:
- Exploring the Co – Work in the Sharing Society, Tuesday, 03.06.
- The Future of Crowdfunding, Tuesday, 03.06.
- The Future of Collaborative Finance, Crowdfunding and Money, Wednesday, 04.06.
- Share Fair Berlin, Sunday, 08.06.
During the summit core days you will be able to meet the international OuiShare community and participate in barcamp and open space sessions to kick-start new projects, develop the organization together, and, of course, enjoy the summer in Berlin with barbecues and partying J.
See you at the summit or at OuiShare Fest 2015?
Made by Agence Ondine and Helene Pouille.
We’d also like to say a big thanks to all of this year’s event partners:
Cover image by Stephano Borghi